A gap year travel company
ThoughtShift provided SEO services
- Implemented 301 redirects on a page by page basis to migrate authority from the old website across to the new one.
- Set up Google Search Console (Google Webmaster Tools) on the new website and submitted the XML sitemap to ensure that all pages of the new website were indexed in Google.
- Keyword research identified opportunities to rank on page one for terms like “work abroad programs”, “summer jobs abroad” and “au pair italy”.
- Link building included travel blogger outreach, content curation and student community engagement to increase the value of the inbound links.
- Meta data optimisation applied the target keywords to title tags and meta descriptions.
- Bespoke keyword optimised content was created with contextual inter-page linking for the most popular pages of the website.
- Ranked on page 1 in Google for keywords including “summer au pair”, “work abroad programs” and “gap year australia” within 6 months.
- The keyword “summer jobs abroad” did not rank at all and moved to position 9 on page 1 after 6 months.
- Organic traffic accounted for 60% of all website traffic within 6 months.
“By far the best agency we have ever worked with. We’ve developed such a great relationship with ThoughtShift, who have really integrated as a part of our team here in the office. Communication is always clear, concise and quick, to the point and sensible.”- James Mellan - Marketing & Brand at Smaller Earth
Free Digital Marketing Analysis
If you’re concerned with your digital performance, our experts can show you how your traffic and sales compare to others in your industry