A gap year travel company
ThoughtShift provided SEO services
- Implemented 301 redirects on a page by page basis to migrate authority from the old website across to the new one.
- Set up Google Search Console (Google Webmaster Tools) on the new website and submitted the XML sitemap to ensure that all pages of the new website were indexed in Google.
- Keyword research identified opportunities to rank on page one for terms like “work abroad programs”, “summer jobs abroad” and “au pair italy”.
- Link building included travel blogger outreach, content curation and student community engagement to increase the value of the inbound links.
- Meta data optimisation applied the target keywords to title tags and meta descriptions.
- Bespoke keyword optimised content was created with contextual inter-page linking for the most popular pages of the website.
- Ranked on page 1 in Google for keywords including “summer au pair”, “work abroad programs” and “gap year australia” within 6 months.
- The keyword “summer jobs abroad” did not rank at all and moved to position 9 on page 1 after 6 months.
- Organic traffic accounted for 60% of all website traffic within 6 months.
“By far the best agency we have ever worked with. We’ve developed such a great relationship with ThoughtShift, who have really integrated as a part of our team here in the office. Communication is always clear, concise and quick, to the point and sensible.”- James Mellan - Marketing & Brand at Smaller Earth
Get a Smarter Digital Marketing Analysis
If we can grow your business faster, one of our consultants will show you how within the next 1 business day.