Marine Super Store Case Study
An adventure sports specialist providing sailing clothing and electronic equipment
An adventure sports retailer wanted to increase online sales from their website and drive in-store footfall.
Keyword research identified opportunities to rank on page 1 of Google for relevant keywords with a high buying intent including “windlass” and “marine electronics”.
Meta data optimisation applied the target keywords to title tags, meta descriptions and headings.
Technical consultancy resolved issues with canonical URLs to help comply with Google’s guidelines and increase organic rankings.
A range of seasonal campaigns were set up in order to take advantage of seasonal search trends and increase website traffic and brand awareness.
Blogger outreach created audience relevant offsite content on sailing blogs which increased the Marine Super Store site authority and drove relevant traffic back to the site.
Google Ads campaigns were segmented to ensure a high impression share for key products.
Search query report analysis provided insights for campaign expansion across the most successful Google Ads campaigns.
Hundreds of negative keywords were uploaded to ensure that ads were only appearing for the most relevant searches.
Google Shopping campaigns were optimised to give top converting products a higher impression share.
PPC campaigns were optimised by location and time to increase Quality Score and conversions.
- 85% year on year increase in total revenue.
- Achieved page 1 rankings for competitive keywords including “marine electronics”.
- 91% year on year increase in transactions.
- 52% year on year increase in conversion rate.
- 38% quarter on quarter increase in PPC revenue.
- 18X Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) on paid media campaign.
- 20X Return on Investment (ROI) on digital marketing campaign.
- Winner of the CIM Marketing Excellence Award for Best Use of Digital Marketing 2018.
Smarter Digital Marketing Playbook
Learn how to use your existing data to increase new customers, drive revenue growth and scale your brand