ThoughtShift has been announced as the proud winners of the Chartered Institute of Marketing’s prestigious ‘Best Use of Digital Marketing’ UK award which recognises the best use of digital to achieve marketing excellence and strong return on investment.
Specialists in organic and paid search, ThoughtShift’s year-long campaign for independent multi-channel sailing retailer Marine Super Store, integrated SEO and PPC strategies to generate a revenue increase of 83 per cent, a 69 per cent increase in website visitors and a 20:1 return on investment, far exceeding the retailers pre-determined targets.
Ben Ellis, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marine Super Store comments, “Our main challenge is to grow our digital business alongside our traditional brick and mortar stores, to reach a new generation of customers. ThoughtShift have been excellent, integrating SEO and PPC expertise to enable us to identify a new demographic, increase brand awareness, overachieve on our online sales target and provide a fantastic long-term return on investment.”
Following on from 2017 where ThoughtShift secured the same award for their work with photographic equipment retailer Calumet, Helen Trendell, MD and Co-founder of ThoughtShift comments;
“The CIM Awards are open to any size organisation from any sector, so to beat such fierce competition to win two years in a row is a real achievement and something we are very proud of! Our Digital Marketing CURVE Methodology is based on over 200,000 hours of research, development and practice – so seeing such strong results from our strategy for Marine Super Store, paired with the recognition from the CIM, is extremely encouraging!”
Applying the CURVE™ Methodology of ‘Customer, Uncover, Roadmap, Venture and Evaluate’ to Marine Super Store, ThoughtShift:
- Defined two customer segments, the existing 40-60+ year old ‘Pro sailors’ and the new target customer of 25-40 year old ‘Casual Sailors’, as well as determining which search engines and devices were favored by which target audience.
- Identified high margin products and profitable keywords to inform the paid and organic media strategy.
- Created dedicated paid media product campaigns across Google AdWords, Google Shopping, Bing Ads, and Bing Shopping, as well as Geo-targeting audiences surrounding the Southampton Boat Show.
- Implemented SEO content marketing campaigns to target the different customer segments, securing twenty pieces of coverage from outdoor/active interest sites and bloggers.
- Analysed customers behavioural trends to identify ‘Manic Mondays’, enabling optimisation of media budget, ad broadcast timings and proportioning ad spend to the most relevant media platforms.
To find out about ThoughtShift’s CURVE Methodology and keep up to date with digital marketing news, please visit the ThoughtShift blog at www.thoughtshift.co.uk/blog or contact Helen Trendell on 01273 727 647.
– ENDS –
NOTES TO EDITORS:
ThoughtShift is an award-winning digital marketing agency increasing eCommerce sales for their retail clients through Digital Marketing Consultancy, PPC, SEO and Social Media Marketing.
Established in Brighton in 2011 by Helen Trendell and AJ Coutts, the team of 21 consultants helps multi-channel retailers and consumer brands to deliver multi-million pound ecommerce revenue targets. Clients industries vary from food and drink to travel and medical and have included The Body Shop, Calumet, Menkind and WOLF. Find out more: thoughtshift.co.uk
About Marine Super Store
Marine Super Store is an independent multi-channel retailer with physical stores and an eCommerce website, that stocks technical equipment and fashion apparel for sailing enthusiasts. Visit: marinesuperstore.com
For further information on the campaign results or for interview opportunity/comment, please contact: